When another driver’s negligence causes an auto collision, you or a loved one may be severely hurt. You deserve to have help so you can get the compensation you deserve for what you’ve been through because of someone else’s careless actions. When you need legal representation, you need a professional with experience in the area of law and compassion for fighting for their clients. A San Pedro car accident lawyer from Frost Law Firm, PC will seek full and fair compensation for you.
The lawyers at Frost Law Firm, PC have seen how innocent people can be hurt and incur debt because of an accident that should have been prevented. The stress of dealing with injuries and expenses shouldn’t all fall on you when what happened wasn’t your fault. That’s where our law firm can help. We’ll do everything we can so you’re able to recover for all the damages from the accident.
How Does Driver Negligence Cause Car Collisions?
It only takes a moment for an accident to occur after a driver is negligent. Unfortunately, these kinds of incidents happen frequently in California. The California Highway Patrol shares the crash statistics from the 2017 Annual Report of Fatal and Injury Motor Vehicle Traffic Collisions. Out of 193,564 injury crashes in 2017, there were 277,160 people injured. California has 3,582 fatal crashes that resulted in 3,904 fatalities.
Common forms of driver negligence that result in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving. A distracted driver will not have full view of the road or full control of their vehicle. If a driver was texting and looking at their cell phone when they should have been paying attention to the road, our lawyers will find out and hold them responsible.
- Drunk Driving. Drivers may make the dangerous decision to drink and get behind the wheel. Drunk drivers cannot make quick decisions or track moving objects well. Sometimes, a drunk driver can fall asleep while they’re on the road.
- Speeding. When some drivers are in a rush or are running late, they may make the decision to drive above the posted speed limit. This reduces their reaction time to other drivers and also their control of their car. They’re more likely to get in a collision because they’re traveling at a much faster speed than traffic.
- Aggressive Driving. Aggressive drivers may weave through traffic or follow other cars too closely. These unsafe driving behaviors can result in a wreck.
- Inexperienced Driving. Sometimes, new drivers don’t have the experience for certain situations on the road. They may not anticipate what other drivers could do or not have the reaction time to avoid something on the road. An inexperienced driver may also not be used to driving at night. These can lead to mistakes that cause auto collisions.
Your San Pedro car accident lawyer will be familiar with the various ways that a driver can act negligently. We’ll find out what led to your collision and the injuries you suffered. Frost Law Firm, PC will stand up for you.
How Do Car Accident Injuries Affect Your Life?
When you’re recovering from car accident injuries, you could have weeks or months of recovery, or you may have an injury that will never fully heal. Your car accident lawyer will take note of the severity of your injuries when fighting for fair compensation on your behalf.
If your injuries will have consequences that will last the rest of your life, they may be considered catastrophic injuries. These can result in permanent disabilities or affect your ability to work. Examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Nerve Damage
- Burn Injury
While other injuries can heal, it can still take a long time before you’re able to be back at your usual activity level. Some common temporary injuries that can arise from car accidents include:
- Broken Bones
After a car accident, you may think you’re not injured or that your injuries aren’t that severe. However, it takes time before you know the full extent of your injuries. Days or weeks could pass before you feel symptoms. To know how you were hurt, you need to seek a medical evaluation as quickly as possible. Your car accident lawyer can use your medical records to see how you were injured and what you’ll need for your recovery.
How Can a San Pedro Car Accident Lawyer Fight for You?
When you have representation from our law firm, our attorneys will do everything possible to get you the results you deserve. As we go through the legal process, our lawyers will do the following:
- Investigate Your Case. We’ll start with getting all the facts of your case. This includes how the other driver was negligent, the severity of your crash, and the injuries you sustained.
- Calculate the Total Losses of Your Injuries and Damages. Then we’ll look into the losses of the accident. This will include your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life. Your compensation will reflect the full losses from the accident so you’re able to get the recovery you deserve.
- Hold the Negligent Party Accountable. When we build your case, we’ll demonstrate how the other party owed you a duty of care, failed to meet that duty, and their actions are what led to your injuries.
- Fight for Fair Compensation. During the legal process, the other party may not offer you a fair settlement. For example, the insurance company involved in the case may be undervaluing your accident. If you accept this kind of settlement, you may not have enough to cover the losses of the accident. We won’t let you settle for less than you deserve.
You can rest assured that your car accident lawyer from Frost Law Firm will advocate for your best interests from start to finish. We will stand up for you and your rights to full and fair compensation in California.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation Today
You can begin the personal injury process when you call our law firm for a free case evaluation. A San Pedro car accident lawyer will review your case and also discuss the ways you can proceed. We’re ready to answer your questions and explain how the legal process works.
We’ll handle the legal side of the accident so you’re able to rest and recover from your injuries. Our lawyers are ready to fight for you future.