When you’re on another’s property, you expect it to be maintained so you’re safe from danger, or have warning of dangers on the property. This could be at places like restaurants, stores, or hotels. If the person in charge of the property is negligent, then there could be hazards on the property that could harm you. In some cases, unsuspecting people are injured because of these hazards. There are people who will help you get the justice you deserve. Seek out a San Pedro premises liability lawyer.
Our law firm stands up for victims of negligence. If you or a loved one was hurt because of a property owner’s negligence, then you may have grounds for a legal claim. Our lawyers can help you build a strong case so you’re able to recover for the injuries and losses from the accident.
What Can Make a Premises Dangerous?
A premises can have a number of dangers if the landowner doesn’t take proper care of it. These dangers can come from deterioration, the weather, and lack of secure measures. Some of the common reasons of premises liability include:
- Spills. If spills or leaks aren’t cleaned up or those on the premises aren’t aware of the liquid on the ground, they could walk into it and slip. This could lead to injuries.
- Uneven Sidewalks. Sidewalks that aren’t even or are crumbling can make an unstable area for people to walk. They could lose their balance and injure themselves.
- Debris. When debris is in the paths of where people walk, they could trip and fall.
- Lack of Adequate Lighting. If darker areas don’t have lighting so people can see where they’re going, they could slip or trip over an object.
- Lack of Security. Lighting, cameras, and security guards can help make a premises more safe for those on it. If someone on the premises is a victim of a crime and the premises lacked security, then the absence of proper security measures could have contributed to the crime occurring.
- Faulty Wiring. A building with faulty wiring could potentially cause shocks or could be a fire hazard on the premises. There could also be issues of old wires that are exposed where people could come into contact with them.
- Swimming Pools. A swimming pool needs to have proper security measures like a fence that locks. This can prevent young children from wandering onto the premises and accessing the pool when adults aren’t around.
- Dogs. When people have a dog, they are responsible for the animal when it’s on and off the property. Being off the property with a dog means it should be on a leash. When it’s on the property, there should be measures that will prevent the dog from leaving the premises.
While these are common reasons why someone was hurt on a property, you may not recognize what caused your accident on the list above. You should reach out to a San Pedro premises liability lawyer because you could still have a legitimate claim.
We understand that there are many kinds of dangers on a premises that can harm others when the property owner is negligent. We’ll find out how they failed to take care of the danger and how their negligence caused your injuries.
Common Premises Liability Injuries
The injuries you’ve sustained from a premises liability could have a severe impact on your life. You may have injuries that will need extensive care, require bedrest and a long recovery time, or they could have permanent consequences so you’ll have to deal with the injury to some degree for the rest of your life.
Some of the premises liability injuries that our lawyers know can occur include:
- Brain Injuries. The impact from a fall can cause brain injuries. If these are severe enough, the injury can cause damage that affects speech, communication, memory, and other cognitive faculties.
- Broken Bones. An accident on a premises can result in broken bones. These accidents can be painful, require a cast, and can affect the person’s mobility for a period of time.
- Cuts, Bruises. Other injuries can include severe cuts and bruising. These painful injuries may heal on their own, but a severe cut could need care like stitches.
- Electrocution/Burns. Faulty or exposed wiring could cause electric shock injuries. They could also start a fire, which could lead to burn injuries. If these are severe enough, someone could require skin grafts or could lose a limb due to nerve damage.
- Drowning. When pools aren’t secure, others can access them. This presents the risk of drowning, or injuries from oxygen deprivation.
- Bites. If a dog isn’t properly secure, they could bite other people. This can cause injuries like tears, broken bones, and sometimes infection. Other attacks from dogs can knock people over and cause fall injuries.
When you’re dealing with the aftermath of an accident, a premises liability lawyer can help you. These injuries can cause debilitating effects to your life. You deserve to have the chance to make your voice heard and to seek justice. That’s where Frost Law Firm, PC comes in.
A San Pedro Premises Liability Lawyer Can Protect Your Rights
With an experienced lawyer on your side, you can rest assured that we’re going to do everything we can to show that you deserve full and fair compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers will launch a full investigation to find evidence that the property owner exhibited negligence and their negligence is the reason why you’ve sustained serious injuries.
Your San Pedro premises liability lawyer will fight for your compensation to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, diminished earning capacity, and property damage. We’ll also include your pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life when calculating the compensation amount that you’re rightfully owed.
Frost Law Firm, PC Is Here for You
The lawyers at Frost Law Firm, PC have seen how premises liability accidents can upend a person’s life. We’ll stand by your side and help you find a way to get your life back on track. We’re familiar with how complex a legal claim can be. You can leave the legal matters to us so you can work on your recovery.
To start seeking the justice you deserve, contact our lawyers today. We’ll meet in an obligation-free consultation to go over your case and the legal options available to you. We can work together to help you have a secure future.